The Law Offices of John J. Durkay
Mr. Durkay has an extensive practice in finance and insolvency law. He is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Business Bankruptcy Law and in Consumer Bankruptcy Law. He served for a number of years as a permanent panel chapter 7 trustee for the Eastern District of Texas Bankruptcy Court and on the Bankruptcy Advisory Commission of the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He argued the case of Associates Commercial Corporation v. Rash for Mr. and Mrs. Rash before the United States Supreme Court.
- Mr. Durkay can advise you regarding business insolvency issues, whether yours or your customers who owe you money
- He can obtain competent business bankruptcy representation if appropriate and assist in monitoring that activity.
- He can represent your company or municipality in bankruptcy court in filing and pursuit of claims and in defense of preferential and fraudulent transfer proceedings and other proceedings brought by parties in bankruptcy court.
- He can assemble trial teams to collect your accounts and monitor their activities
- He can handle your bankruptcy appeals.